What information is displayed on the Home Dashboard?
The Home Dashboard shows information from all of your current sites.
Go to the Dashboard tool.
Note: The Dashboard tool may be the first item in the Tool Menu, in which case it will display upon first entering the site, without having to select it.
The Home Dashboard contains the following:
- A Welcome message which greets the user by name.
- An Edit Dashboard button which allows the user to customize the layout of the page and add or remove widgets. (Note: All types of users, faculty and student, may edit their own Home Dashboard.)
- A Message of the Day widget which displays any system-wide messages posted by the system administrator. Select arrow next to the widget title to show or hide current messages.
- A Tasks widget which displays deadlines and other calendar events. Users may also add their own personal tasks if desired.
- An Announcements widget which displays recent announcements from all of the user's sites.
- A Forums widget which displays new Messages and Forums in all of a user's sites.
- A Grades widget which displays assignment grade averages from all of a user's sites. (Note: This widget is intended primarily for instructors.)
- A Calendar widget which displays calendar events from all of a user's sites.